What should we teach our children in order to prepare them for tragedy? Here are ten Biblical Truths that will be helpful as you speak to your children during times of tragedy.
- In a fallen world, in which we live, tragedies will happen. They may strike near us in our community, even in our own family.
- Our God, our Heavenly Father, knows us, our needs, and our capabilities.
He knows our beginning and our end. He loves us and will take care of us.
He will deliver us from evil and the evil one. Even if we die, He will receive us into His heavenly home to be with Him forever. All those who trust in Jesus will be together again. Death cannot separate us forever.
- We may not know in this life all the reasons for a tragedy, but in Heaven we will see clearly the answers to all the questions we have now.
Until then, we must live by faith in the promises of God. We can trust Him!
- Sadness and tears may last for a short while, but joy will return again.
- No matter what happens, God will never leave you or forsake you. He will never forget you. Do not forget Him!
- Stay near to God and talk to him all the time: before, during, and after a tragedy. Pray for others for God to heal them and comfort them.
- Help others with your kind words. Serve them without being asked, do something for them. Always be thankful if someone helps you.
- Remember that Jesus experienced great pain and suffering. He knows what you are going through when you hurt and are sad. He will always be with you.
- Pray now that no matter what happens in the future, God will strengthen you to endure and you will not fear what could come. Pray how you can encourage other people who are suffering.
- Always remember, nothing can ever happen, not even the worst tragedy, to separate you from Jesus and His love for you.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and weekly devotional